Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Author Clustering - Master Slave configuration

Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue on CQ 5.6.0 Cluster for Author servers.

In a Master Slave cluster setup of Author instances, the sync between Master and Slave(s) causes the slave(s) CQ to become unresponsive.

The Node write operation (programatically) on Master is heavy as the requirement is to create around 50K new nodes. So synching of these new 50K nodes to the Slave CQ Author instance causes unresponsive behavior.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a way to optimize the sync between Master and Slave CQ Authors (Cluster) so that the Slave instances are responsive throughout the sync operation?

Thanks for any inputs.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I don't think, that there's a way to workaround for the behaviour you observed. With AEM 6.0 and Mongo-MK (as the currently only available clustering solution) the problem shouldn't exist anymore.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

I'd suggest you to follow the below mentioned article for troubleshooting steps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/current/administering/cluster.html#Troubleshooting

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I don't think, that there's a way to workaround for the behaviour you observed. With AEM 6.0 and Mongo-MK (as the currently only available clustering solution) the problem shouldn't exist anymore.

kind regards,
Jörg