Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Assets: Why can I move some assets in a folder but not others?

Level 3

I have a folder path that I am trying to clean up, and I was able to move about 5 assets, but now I am unable to move any others from that folder to another folder. Have others experienced this before?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

What version of AEM are you using?

The inability to move some assets in AEM Assets can be due to various factors. Ensure you have the necessary permissions, check if assets are locked or checked out, verify the destination folder's compatibility, and watch for active workflows or error messages during the move process.

Community Advisor

@james-mke 

Check if you have all necessary permissions to the parent folder or assets in the folder.

This scenario happens when someone is trying to modify assets without relevant permission.

Try reaching out to your AEM admin or if you have appropriate rights, check your access in security section.

Level 3

Hi Rohit,

I am an admin user, so there should be no permission issues. I am able to move an asset once I view the individual assets page, but not when the asset is viewed in a folder.

James

Community Advisor

Hello @james-mke 

Is it an AEMaaCS instance? If yes, the move is done by asynchronous jobs, whose completion depends on system resources.

Please validate if any Asset Move jobs are queued. You can view the status of asynchronous jobs from the Background Operations dashboard at Global Navigation -> Tools -> General -> Jobs.

If yes, they should execute in some time.

Refernce: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/asynchro...

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Hi Aanchal,

This is an on-prem installation. I suspected that there could be a resource limitation that is blocking me from doing more, and will evaluate that further. Thank you!

James