Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Asset Hotspots Editor: Unable to change name

Level 2

Hi everyone

demobuster_0-1634909190844.png

I added 3 hotspots for an image. Their names:

- Hotspot 1

- Hotspot 2

- Hotspot 3

Then I change name property for the first item to 'first'. When I open dropdown with items list I see that only the first letter was used and suddenly the last item gets the new name of the first one. 

It seems like a bug. 

We use AEM 6.5.6.

Any thoughts would be appriciated

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster ,

When you add hotspots to an image in an Interactive Image or a Carousel Banner, the hotspot information is stored in the same metadata location. That location is relative to the image’s location, regardless of whether it is an Interactive Image or a Carousel Banner.
Can you check in your metadata as what information is being stored in CRX. See if find any anomaly in the data stored, like missing name property or duplicate name property.

Thanks
Tarun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster ,

When you add hotspots to an image in an Interactive Image or a Carousel Banner, the hotspot information is stored in the same metadata location. That location is relative to the image’s location, regardless of whether it is an Interactive Image or a Carousel Banner.
Can you check in your metadata as what information is being stored in CRX. See if find any anomaly in the data stored, like missing name property or duplicate name property.

Thanks
Tarun

Administrator

@demobuster Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni