During my initial POCs with sample WKND code, I have noticed a behavior on AEM As Cloud service.
When ever I go for the pipeline and trigger it, the deployment fails with reason - dispatcher image failed. Some analysis was done around it from the logs and was able to resolve it as below.
I was doing my code checkout on windows and while unzipping I was using a software which was breaking the symlinks within dispatcher package. I got some warning during the unzip which I did not give much attention that point of time
To debug this, first I have commented out the dispatcher section in parent pom and deployed and tested the build. It worked on cloud.