Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 upgrade issue

Level 1

We trying to upgrade from AEM 6.3.2.0 to 6.5 but we are having some issue regarding one specific step.
We can not find the PreUpgradeTasks inside JMX Console as described in here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/deploying/upgrading/pre-upgrade-mainten...

We also tried to install (invane) PRE-UPGRADE-PACKAGE-CQ63 package.

Has anyone faced the similar issue? How can we solve this problem and complete the upgrade process?
thank all

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Nirmal_Jose 

the problem was related to a wrong version of com.google.gson imported by com.day.cq.pre-upgrade-tasks which was causing PreUpgradeTasksMBean component be in a satisfied state instead of an active state.

Thanks for your support.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Are you able to find the preupgrade component at /system/console/configMgr/com.adobe.aem.upgrade.prechecks.mbean.impl.PreUpgradeTasksMBeanImpl

Once you have that one, we can get the PreUpgrade tasks at /system/console/jmx/com.adobe.aem.upgrade.prechecks%3Atype%3DPreUpgradeTasks

Level 1

Hi @Nirmal_Jose,

thank you for helping.

Yes, I'm able to find the preupgrade component under /system/console/configMgr:

PreUpgradeTasksMBeanImpl.JPG

But once I try accessing PreUpgrade tasks via URL it gives me 404.

Employee Advisor
everything seems to be in place. Are you using admin user itself ?

Employee Advisor
Do you use ACL as a seperate package and any chance admin user is missing permissions to /system/sling/monitoring/mbeans

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @Nirmal_Jose 

the problem was related to a wrong version of com.google.gson imported by com.day.cq.pre-upgrade-tasks which was causing PreUpgradeTasksMBean component be in a satisfied state instead of an active state.

Thanks for your support.