Highlighted

AEM 6.5 authentication error

Nseddon

Nseddon

Nseddon

17-10-2019

i am getting the error below continuously in the server log and i have enable debigging in the lc_turnkey.xml and standalone.xml files but it is not telling me anything.

15:36:04,931 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean] (Thread-286) Authentication failed for user [author] (Scheme - Username/Password) Reason: Username or password is incorrect . Refer to debug level logs for category com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication for further details

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks!

Replies

Highlighted

hamidk92094312

Employee

hamidk92094312

Employee

hamidk92094312
Employee

17-10-2019

It shows a failed login attempt. Whats special about it ? Do you think this is not a correct entry in the log ?

Can you debug for the following package as instructed in the logs:

com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication

Highlighted

Nseddon

Nseddon

Nseddon

17-10-2019

Sorry, I should have elaborated on that.

I did not create a user named author and when I search for it in Users I don’t see anything.

am looking to find out where it is configured so I can  figure out why it is getting an authentication error.

Thanks!

Highlighted

jbrar

Employee

jbrar

Employee

jbrar
Employee

18-10-2019

Are you using SAML handler to configure authentication? Can you provide more details on the setup?

Highlighted

GPhillips58

GPhillips58

GPhillips58

31-01-2020

I have been told that it is a bug in 6.5. They removed the author user but not the calls using it. It was supposed to be fixed in SP3 but I just installed that and it isn't fixed..