Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5.6 - Move/rename page with associated launches

Level 2

Hello peeps

AEM 6.5.6 doesn't let me move/rename a page from one location to another location if that page has any associated launches. I get this below error when I try to move such a page

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.13.01 am.png

While the message makes complete sense and I see a reason why is this not allowed out of the box. AEM 6.5 also gives author an option(checkbox) to delete the launch after the promotion and this will help with the accumulation of launches along with the purge task.

My question is, can I override this functionality to still allow pages with launches? This is going to be a temporary override.

What will be the preferred way to override this validation?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I believe the general limitation with moving launches is around the complexity in updating all the references to avoid orphaning nodes.

A move operation is pretty heavy to begin with, it's not as arbitrary as one would think.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I believe the general limitation with moving launches is around the complexity in updating all the references to avoid orphaning nodes.

A move operation is pretty heavy to begin with, it's not as arbitrary as one would think.  

Level 2

Thanks, yeah, I agree.

AEM 6.3 still allows moving pages across from one location to another even if we have launches associated and AEM 6.5 rightfully doesn't allow the same.

My question is if we could override this default page move validation in AEM 6.5 as well till we have the old launches sorted OR this is strongly NOT recommended. And if it's okay to override then how could I override this (the preferred way)?

Thanks again

Level 2

Thanks, yeah, I agree with @aemmarc.

AEM 6.3 still allows moving pages across from one location to another even if we have launches associated and AEM 6.5 rightfully doesn't allow the same.

My question is if we could override this default page move validation in AEM 6.5 as well till we have the old launches sorted OR this is strongly NOT recommended. And if it's okay to override then how could I override this (the preferred way)? Thanks again