Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4 SEO Queries

Level 10

Hi all, I was going through the following URL for AEM 6.4 SEO. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/managing/using/seo-and-url-management.html 1. robots.txt file is to block crawling of any content that should not be indexed. XML sitemap is to make it easier for search engines to crawl your content. robots.txt has a reference to XML sitemap. What is the relation between robots.txt and XML sitemap? Or they are independent of each other, serving separate purposes? 2. For SEO, how to implement Compliance indicators for the character length of the page title and meta description? 3. For SEO, how to implement SEO keyword checker functionality? Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Both sitemap.xml and robots.txt contributes towards SEO of the site but by searching different purpose. I am linking few external threads you can read for detail

Robots.txt vs Sitemap -- Who wins in a Conflict - Webmasters Stack Exchange

What is the difference between robots.txt and an XML sitemap? - Quora

For question 2nd and 3rd, I have already provided answer that Author should take should care of those.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Answers to your question.

1, yes, both are independent and each has their own purpose.

2. AEM author should take care of this which creating content

3. Same as 2nd, Author should be trained on SEO and taken care while creating content.

Level 10

Hi edubey, Thanks for responding. 1. Both robots.txt and XML SiteMap files look to be doing the same thing essentially. Bothe are helping the crawling by Search engines. Kindly elaborate the difference between them and why we need both of them. 2. Compliance indicators for the character length of the page title and meta description: Is it something like if the char length is more, system should say so and show in RED? 3. SEO keyword checker functionality: What is this functionality? How the taken care while creating content by the content author ? Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Both sitemap.xml and robots.txt contributes towards SEO of the site but by searching different purpose. I am linking few external threads you can read for detail

Robots.txt vs Sitemap -- Who wins in a Conflict - Webmasters Stack Exchange

What is the difference between robots.txt and an XML sitemap? - Quora

For question 2nd and 3rd, I have already provided answer that Author should take should care of those.

Level 10

Hi edubey, For implementing Compliance indicators for the character length of the page title and meta description and SEO keyword checker functionality (Points 2&3), is there any thing to be done in AEM or it is completely on Content Auhtor? What exactly are these? Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.