Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4 - Extending AEM Inbox

Level 1

Hi,

I would like to extend AEM Inbox functionality available under: http://localhost:4502/aem/inbox and add additional column with information about workflow initiator. I have made an investigation and checked the definition of columns in Inbox depends on two things:

* crx nodes created under: /libs/cq/inbox/content/inbox/jcr:content/views/list/columns - base on defined nodes proper titles of columns are displayed

* implementation of /libs/cq/inbox/gui/components/inbox/inboxitem/list component that is referenced in datasource node: /libs/cq/inbox/content/inbox/jcr:content/views/list/datasource

Unfortunately all these definitions are in Internal Area of CRX that should not be overloaded. I have noticed that the only not internal area of inbox implementation is /libs/cq/inbox/extensions, I have tried to use it to extend the part of the view by adding proper nodes looking on  /libs/cq/inbox/extensions/actions folder as example however it did not work.

As there is no official documentation how to work with extensions folder I wanted to check if someone here has any suggestions how Inbox can be extended properly on 6.4.

Best regards,

Kamil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is not really recommended use case. If you make changes and break something - AEM support will not support it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is not really recommended use case. If you make changes and break something - AEM support will not support it.