Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

[AEM 6.4.4] How to add Summarizing Text to Content Fragments ?

Community Advisor

Hi Team

I am trying to add summarizing text to the Content Fragment according to this Variations - Authoring Fragment Content  documentation. I am not getting any option as per the documentation. It says

1736319_pastedImage_1.png

I don't see a full screen editor (I think that is the basic issue here . . FYI. I am using the OOTB Simple Fragment Model /libs/settings/dam/cfm/templates/simple )

1736320_pastedImage_2.png

Also I tried following Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Content Fragments in AEM 6.3 this video which was done for 6.3 version assuming there might be some similarities . But this doesn't seem to be fitting with 6.4 at all.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
8 Replies

Level 10

You can see it when the CF is inside a language folder.

The content fragment must have a valid language folder as an ancestor; this is used to determine the language model to be used.

For example, en/ as in the following path:

/content/dam/my-brand/en/path-down/my-content-fragment

1736311_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Hi, can you guess why the summarize button isn't showing up? CF has the following path

/content/dam/my-brand/content-fragment/it/2021/09/cf-name

rafcap_0-1631184846492.png

I'm using version 2021.8.5755.20210819T230729Z

thanks for your help

Community Advisor

CF is inside the language folder . Only thing which is not matching the documentation is I have SP4 installed .

1736372_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'm also on SP4

1736364_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

Am I missing something ?

Level 10

I've 1.0.10 for both core components and core-extension bundle

Community Advisor

Even with the we-retail CF I am facing the same issue . I don't see text edit bars as in documentation and no option to go full screen . Also the variations action dropdown has only three values

1736373_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

Seems like it was working but due to browser cache I was seeing it differently. Checked incognito

1736399_pastedImage_0.png