Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.2: Pages getting Auto Published

Level 2

Hi,

I am seeing a really random issue with AEM 6.2 with publishing of Pages. Below if the sequence of what is happening:

1. I create a page using any template and as soon as the page is created it goes into a published state and green status is also ON. Also the Modified date is also 'ON'.

2. The published date is an older date than the creation date, Not the creation date (I did some research and it is the creation date of the Template)

3. I looked at the publisher and the page does not exist in the publisher. The Publish status seems to be fake.

I have seen this issue in 6.0 Also. Has anybody seen this issue and does it look like a code issue. I checked there are no workflows or tasks present.

Anybody has any ideas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I faced the similar issue last year. I wont exactly call it as issue but I think it could be.

Here's the reason, Let's take the example of home page template at path /apps/project/templates/home-page

When you accidentally replicate the template node in crx. From here onward next page creating from siteadmin will give you publish status and modified time will be when you replicated this template node.

I am not sure who might have done in your project. But try this, you can notice same behavior with other template.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Have you checked the replication agent settings in author server?

http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author/publish.html

- Prince

Community Advisor

I found in some settings in Agent.

see attached screenshot.

Level 2

None of those settings are checked. All of them are blank.

is there anywhere else i can check.

Level 5

bhavanij61469335 wrote...

Hi,

I am seeing a really random issue with AEM 6.2 with publishing of Pages. Below if the sequence of what is happening:

1. I create a page using any template and as soon as the page is created it goes into a published state and green status is also ON. Also the Modified date is also 'ON'.

2. The published date is an older date than the creation date, Not the creation date (I did some research and it is the creation date of the Template)

3. I looked at the publisher and the page does not exist in the publisher. The Publish status seems to be fake.

I have seen this issue in 6.0 Also. Has anybody seen this issue and does it look like a code issue. I checked there are no workflows or tasks present.

Anybody has any ideas

it looks like the code issue from your end, can you check if you have any EventListener implemented which is activating the pages as soon it creates ? I believe, you have already checked the Replication Queues and Workflow, please re-validate in the Launcher tab and make sure that no workflow is getting triggered after it creates page.

Can you check the events from - /system/console/events and see which event is causing this issue ? 

Level 2

I did go over the events and it seems to be creating a org/apache/sling/api/resource/Resource/ADDED event and then is also creating a org/apache/sling/api/resource/ResourceResolverMapping/CHANGED event. I have attached a screenshot of the same. Why is it launching a modifying event? Do the sequence of Events look good? 

Level 5

it looks right, there is no ACTIVATE event triggered after "test45" page created. There is one event "deleteauthoractivity" added, it looks like it is an event for target integration. Can you look for custom "EventListener" in below console and find out if custom code is causing this issue.?

/system/console/jmx

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I faced the similar issue last year. I wont exactly call it as issue but I think it could be.

Here's the reason, Let's take the example of home page template at path /apps/project/templates/home-page

When you accidentally replicate the template node in crx. From here onward next page creating from siteadmin will give you publish status and modified time will be when you replicated this template node.

I am not sure who might have done in your project. But try this, you can notice same behavior with other template.

Thanks

Level 2

Thanks boss,

Yes, The Publish Date of every page i create is the last Publish Date of the Template i used. is there a way i can block this behavior or reverse it. Do i need to reinstall all  the components and templates?

Level 10

If you can delete those properties for that template. It should solve the issue.

and make sure that code has not been committed with those properties. If yes, remove those also