Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

[AEM 6.2] Access Permissions and Touch UI Elements Match

Level 2

When we configure ACL for a user, some functionality gets cut though it does not affect UI elements, e.g. when we grant a user only ‘read’ permission for tags he is still able to enter ‘Add Tag’ wizard by clicking at ‘Create Tag’ button, although this generates error in logs. We can avoid that scenario by overlaying action bar items and explicitly removing related buttons for that user or a group, however it seems like a wrong idea since we would have to overlay nearly every admin page available.

That’s why we want to know your view on that. Do you think it’s the matter of the development mistakes or is it the way that it supposed to be?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It could be a bug, I would log a ticket with AEM support. Also - i would strongly advice against hacking the admin pages in AEM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

It could be a bug, I would log a ticket with AEM support. Also - i would strongly advice against hacking the admin pages in AEM.