Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Touch UI: smartimage drag&drop does not work if Touch UI dialog loads classic dialog definition

Level 2

What I understand is that Touch UI dialogs can handle also classic dialog definitions with xtypes. But if I have a classic dialog definition with smartimage I am not able to drag&drop images from the Asset Browser. I tested this with foundation/components/image.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,
Anne

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @Scott mentioned, as of now Touch UI doesnt support all the features that of classic UI and this is one of them. We hope eventually all the features will be made available via touch UI aswell.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You are correct - a component with drag and drop defined for Classic does not support dragging assets in the Touch UI environment. I just confirmed that behavior:

[img]touchAA.png[/img]

However - if you change to classic view - you can drag images from the Content Finder to the component dialog and the image appears in Touch UI. 

[img]TouchBBB.png[/img]

An extra step - but this is the solution when using Classic components that support drag and drop. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @Scott mentioned, as of now Touch UI doesnt support all the features that of classic UI and this is one of them. We hope eventually all the features will be made available via touch UI aswell.

Employee

Drag and drop with Touch UI for an image was not possible in AEM6.0 without adding the image component first, but in AEM6.1 this feature is available for Touch UI components. I guess the issue you have is that you will convert your classic component into a Touch UI component, which understandably adds to the migration effort.

Level 4

Hi Opkar Gill

Could you please let me know if it is possible to drag and drop image from assetfinder to smart image in touch ui dialog ? This is related to this question -

Touch UI tablet authoring image component - drag and drop image from content finder not possible

Thanks