Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Service Pack 1

Avatar

Level 4

Hello Team,

I have just installed SP1 on my AEM 6.1 instance and whenever I am trying to edit the RTE based component. It is throwing the error on page as "Some code could not be run"

I am not completely sure if this is an issue with SP1 upgrade because other instance where it is just a 6.1 without SP1 everything looks good.

Could you please help us with this ?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Level 4

Not sure if this is how it was resolved.

First I had AEM 6.1 and couple of hotfixes on top of it. Later, I installed SP1 on 6.1 and was facing the above issue.

I deleted the whole crx-quickstart and installed SP1 first and later the hotfixes that were previously there and everything looks good.

Thanks,

Vish

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Avatar

Community Advisor

Is it the only error  you see or do you see anything more ?

Is it the custom RTE or OOB RTE ?

Meanwhile, please raise a support ticket too as its a problem you are facing only with SP1.

You can also confirm if you see the same issue with SP1 on another instance.

Avatar

Administrator

Hi

As mentioned by Lokesh, please check the error that is is coming up (Browser console and Error.log).

Also share the error with us. Also is this some modified RTE of OOB ?

To create a customer care ticket for the same, go to the link:- https://daycare.day.com/public/contact.html

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Avatar

Level 4

Hello All,

It is a custom RTE using sling:ResourceType granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textarea

and the following is error thrown on browser console

editor.js:15879 An error has occured during execution of the selected action: Cannot read property 'textPropertyName' of undefined -> TypeError: Cannot read property 'textPropertyName' of undefined
    at ns.editor.InlineTextEditor.startInlineEdit (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:12446:49)
    at ns.editor.InlineTextEditor.setUp (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:12353:14)
    at Object.ns.editor.startEditor (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:10985:37)
    at Object.ns.edit.actions.self.doInPlaceEdit (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:17552:31)
    at defaultActions.EDIT.handler (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:16807:33)
    at ns.edit.Toolbar.handleEvent (http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor.js:17041:37)
    at HTMLDivElement.jQuery.event.dispatch (http://localhost:4502/etc/clientlibs/granite/jquery.js:4665:9)
    at HTMLDivElement.elemData.handle (http://localhost:4502/etc/clientlibs/granite/jquery.js:4333:28)

Avatar

Administrator

vishwanath881 wrote...

We could resolve this. Thank You !!

 


Hi

Please mention the way you resolved this for betterment of the community.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Avatar

Correct answer by
Level 4

Not sure if this is how it was resolved.

First I had AEM 6.1 and couple of hotfixes on top of it. Later, I installed SP1 on 6.1 and was facing the above issue.

I deleted the whole crx-quickstart and installed SP1 first and later the hotfixes that were previously there and everything looks good.

Thanks,

Vish