Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Installation Issue

Level 1

Hi,

I have AEM 6.1 jar file but it not in the type "Executable Jar". The file type is "Jar" as mentioned below

1456226_pastedImage_1.png

If i double click on the jar file its showing like this

1456227_pastedImage_2.png

How to install it. Please help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Quickstart is a jar file and it doesn’t start on double-click if some other program has hijacked the jar file extension i.e. when we install JRE on Windows system, the file “jar” should be associated with javaw.exe and if any other program like a zip utility is installed, that utility modifies the association of jar file and when you double click on quickstart jar file, instead of starting the server it just opens up the file or does nothing.

In order to fix this problem, you can right click on the quickstart jar file and in the context sensitive menu go to "open with" and select Java(TM) Platform SE binary. If this option is not visible in context sensitive menu, click "Choose Program" and browse to <Java_Home>\jre\bin\javaw.exe and select Java(TM) Platform SE binary. Then check “Always use selected program to open this kind of file” and click on OK.

This should fix the problem and you should be able to start the server with just a double click on jar.

If the above step doesn't work, alternatively quickstart can also be started from command prompt. For more information on this, please refer:

Deploying and Maintaining

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Quickstart is a jar file and it doesn’t start on double-click if some other program has hijacked the jar file extension i.e. when we install JRE on Windows system, the file “jar” should be associated with javaw.exe and if any other program like a zip utility is installed, that utility modifies the association of jar file and when you double click on quickstart jar file, instead of starting the server it just opens up the file or does nothing.

In order to fix this problem, you can right click on the quickstart jar file and in the context sensitive menu go to "open with" and select Java(TM) Platform SE binary. If this option is not visible in context sensitive menu, click "Choose Program" and browse to <Java_Home>\jre\bin\javaw.exe and select Java(TM) Platform SE binary. Then check “Always use selected program to open this kind of file” and click on OK.

This should fix the problem and you should be able to start the server with just a double click on jar.

If the above step doesn't work, alternatively quickstart can also be started from command prompt. For more information on this, please refer:

Deploying and Maintaining

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did  what you mentioned and i tried to open with Java(TM) Platform SE binary. By double cliclking on jar file it wasn't opening.

so i tried with command promt and got the following error/warnigs

1457977_pastedImage_0.png

Even after the changing the heap size to 1024M i was getting the above error

1457976_pastedImage_0.png

And it opened the following link but it didn't promt for login credentials

1457978_pastedImage_2.png

Please suggest what to do now. Please help me on this

Level 1

Im getting the above mentioned error. Please help on how to proceed further.