Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Delete file rendition Touch UI

Jit
Level 2
Level 2

In AEM 6.1 using the Touch UI, you can upload a file rendition (yes), but once it is uploaded, how can you delete or rename it?  When I click on the "renditions" link in Assets, i can see it, but once i click on the actual rendition (to say delete it), i only succeed in downloading it.

Our sample use case would be to have a rendition for a movie (mp4) that is the transcript / Closed Captioning file.  I realize that we could make a component that ties the two together, but it seems like renditions was a better place to store this information.

1 Accepted Solution
alvawb1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi Jit,

Yes, you can delete renditions in the touch UI. Select the rendition and then Delete Rendition. I just tried it and it worked for me. There are also docs on it: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Managing Renditions. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Alva

View solution in original post

0 Replies
alvawb1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi Jit,

Yes, you can delete renditions in the touch UI. Select the rendition and then Delete Rendition. I just tried it and it worked for me. There are also docs on it: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Managing Renditions. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Alva

View solution in original post

Jit
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for checking. I tried the following on google Chrome and Firefox on windows 8:

1. Went to Assets and Select an image (say the one at /content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/activities/snowboarding/PDP_1_c05.jpg). 
  2. Clicked on upload rendition and upload a file (say a sample.txt file)
  3. Try to delete that rendition (every time i click on that sample.txt rendition, it just opens  / downloads that file)... I am unable to select that rendition to click on "Delete rendition".. The selection does work on renditions if i upload an image file...just not other files (like txt, pdf)...