Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 - Can we set default value for properties in Custom Metadata Template

Level 3

Hi All,

We are using AEM 6.1 SP2

We have a requirement where we need to set default values for the properties in the new Custom Metadata template.

I am able to create a new custom template and apply to the DAM folder but not able to set the default values for the custom metadata properties in the template.

This issue I am facing only in Touch UI.

In classic UI, there is a option to set the default values for the properties when we create a new instance using the custom template.

Please give me some suggestions how can we achieve this in Touch UI.

Thanks,

Selva

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

I got to know by using Metadata Profiles we can set the default values for an asset while uploading.

Tools > Assets > Processing Profiles > Metadata Profiles

Thanks,

Selva

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

I think, Whatever message (text, number), you provide at value property that is default Value. isn't?.

name : ./jcr:propertyName

Value : "some defaultValue"

description: some description.

---Jitendra

Level 10

Not all AEM features have been ported to TouchUI. If this is not part of Touch UI, then use classic UI to achieve your requirement. I personally use classic UI for some tasks - this is normal part of AEM development. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

I got to know by using Metadata Profiles we can set the default values for an asset while uploading.

Tools > Assets > Processing Profiles > Metadata Profiles

Thanks,

Selva