Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 - Can we set default value for properties in Custom Metadata Template

Level 3

Hi All,

We are using AEM 6.1 SP2

We have a requirement where we need to set default values for the properties in the new Custom Metadata template.

I am able to create a new custom template and apply to the DAM folder but not able to set the default values for the custom metadata properties in the template.

This issue I am facing only in Touch UI.

In classic UI, there is a option to set the default values for the properties when we create a new instance using the custom template.

Please give me some suggestions how can we achieve this in Touch UI.

Thanks,

Selva

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

I got to know by using Metadata Profiles we can set the default values for an asset while uploading.

Tools > Assets > Processing Profiles > Metadata Profiles

Thanks,

Selva

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

I think, Whatever message (text, number), you provide at value property that is default Value. isn't?.

name : ./jcr:propertyName

Value : "some defaultValue"

description: some description.

---Jitendra

Level 10

Not all AEM features have been ported to TouchUI. If this is not part of Touch UI, then use classic UI to achieve your requirement. I personally use classic UI for some tasks - this is normal part of AEM development. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

I got to know by using Metadata Profiles we can set the default values for an asset while uploading.

Tools > Assets > Processing Profiles > Metadata Profiles

Thanks,

Selva