Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.0 dev hardware reccomandations

Level 1

Hi to all,

I'm a developer and I'm currently work in local with AEM 6.0 on about 6/8 site projects with no very deep node trees and site resources but I find AEM WCM view very slow. In first attempt I've worked with CRX view to access pages etc. that is very fast but now I'm in need to create new pages based on template mechanics to test authors workflows and I'm forced passing WCM that is dramatically slow since I've reached a good amount of projects.

I think the machine I've "under my finger" is a bit unsuitable, guys of the community  can you  express an opinion based on your personal experience on the minimum and optimum specifics to work with AEM in this conditions?

I've already read the hardware specifics page but I've found the indications too generic.

Here my actual specifics:

SO: Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LST (updated daily) CPU: Intel Core i3 CPU M330  @2.13GHz RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM HD: 320GB 5400rpm/7200rpm

Thanks in advance

Regards

M.S.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Marco,

Does not feel too bad.

Have you tried to add more memory during CQ5 system start up ?

E.g. it becomes quicker when you run your crx-quickstart with more ram(

java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar app/cq-quickstart-x.x.x.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502

).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Marco,

Does not feel too bad.

Have you tried to add more memory during CQ5 system start up ?

E.g. it becomes quicker when you run your crx-quickstart with more ram(

java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar app/cq-quickstart-x.x.x.jar start -c . -i launchpad -p 4502

).

Employee

Also make sure you get a SSD-drive. That helps a lot.