Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe recommends you create a custom copy of the DAM Update Asset workflow model

Level 2

AEM 6.5

i've copied OOTB "DAM Update Asset workflow Model" in aem and changed launchers for create, update, modifying assets to this new model.

but workflow is not being triggered when i upload an asset.

are there specific instructions to overlay a workflow model and customize it.

how do we persist the customization from code repository to  avoid any overrides ?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hotfix and Upgrades will only affect /libs directory. So, any workflows under "/conf/global/settings/workflow/models" and the corresponding runtime models under "/var/workflow/models" will not be overwritten.

Example: customized version of the Dam Update Asset will be stored at the paths below:

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

/var/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

So, If you want to move this workflow to another instance, you can create the package of the above 2 nodes. Similar steps can be followed for other workflows.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you open the OOTB DAM Update Asset workflow from touch UI and make changes to it and sync it, AEM will automatically create a custom copy of the workflow under /conf.

If it is not getting triggered probably something wrong with the launchers. Compare it with OOTB launchers and make sure OOTB launchers for the same configuration is disabled

Employee Advisor

The custom workflow will exist under conf and the sync button will sync the changes to the Runtime Workflow Model under /var/workflow/models. The workflow will be there under both locations.

Make sure your custom changes are propagated to var location as well.

Level 2

Thanks for quick response. JaideepBrarVish.dhaliwal

yes! this worked. and all my launchers are working fine.But,

will this workflow stay same and not get lost when there's a hot fix or an upgrade?

how do we persist the customization of this workflow from code repository.

should i just create the same structure (/conf/global/settings/workflow/models) in my code repository and deploy it.

if not through code repository, should i package it and install on my stage and prod servers?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hotfix and Upgrades will only affect /libs directory. So, any workflows under "/conf/global/settings/workflow/models" and the corresponding runtime models under "/var/workflow/models" will not be overwritten.

Example: customized version of the Dam Update Asset will be stored at the paths below:

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

/var/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

So, If you want to move this workflow to another instance, you can create the package of the above 2 nodes. Similar steps can be followed for other workflows.