Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Experience Launch

Level 10

Hi,

In Adobe Partner Training portal I see "How does AEM work with Adobe Experience Platform Launch".

Please look at the attachment.

My understanding is that Adobe Experience Platform is different, and Adobe Launch is different.

How these two are combined together?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

RK

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

I think you need to be aware that some of the training is outdated, so names and other UI elements in the video may not be accurate to how the products are now. However, the essence remains the same, which is why I understand this type of material is still valid. For instance, Adobe Launch was renamed to Adobe Data Collection Tags, which is now part of the Adobe Experience Platform. That's why your confusion. You cand learn more here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/get-started/quick-start.html?lang=e... 

EstebanBustamante_0-1708005422580.png

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

I think you need to be aware that some of the training is outdated, so names and other UI elements in the video may not be accurate to how the products are now. However, the essence remains the same, which is why I understand this type of material is still valid. For instance, Adobe Launch was renamed to Adobe Data Collection Tags, which is now part of the Adobe Experience Platform. That's why your confusion. You cand learn more here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/get-started/quick-start.html?lang=e... 

EstebanBustamante_0-1708005422580.png

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_Forum 

You are correct that Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and Adobe Launch are two separate products. However, they can be used together to enhance the capabilities of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

Adobe Launch is a tag management system that allows you to manage and deploy marketing and analytics tags on your website. It provides a user-friendly interface for managing tags and allows you to easily add, remove, or modify tags without requiring changes to your website's code.

Adobe Experience Platform, on the other hand, is a customer data platform that allows you to collect, unify, and activate customer data from various sources. It provides a unified view of customer data and allows you to create personalized experiences for your customers across multiple channels.

When used together, Adobe Launch can be used to deploy tags that collect data from your website and send it to Adobe Experience Platform. This data can then be used to create personalized experiences for your customers in AEM.

For example, you can use Adobe Launch to deploy Adobe Analytics tags on your website to collect data about how customers are interacting with your website. This data can then be sent to Adobe Experience Platform, where it can be combined with other customer data to create a unified view of the customer. This data can then be used to create personalized experiences for the customer in AEM.

In summary, Adobe Launch and Adobe Experience Platform are two separate products that can be used together to enhance the capabilities of Adobe Experience Manager. Adobe Launch can be used to deploy tags that collect data from your website, which can then be sent to Adobe Experience Platform to create a unified view of the customer. This data can then be used to create personalized experiences for the customer in AEM.

https://blog.developer.adobe.com/integrate-adobe-launch-with-adobe-experience-manager-ffc3670e6f4e 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/get-started/quick-start.html?lang=e... 

Administrator

@AEM_Forum Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

The training may not be outdated, as never were Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and Adobe Launch are same products.

On the other hand, I do not expect anything like this (combining two unrelated products) from Adobe.

That is why probably there is any other view.

Any other thing that I must be aware of.

I do not intend to criticize Adobe though.

Thanks,

RK.

Level 10

At Adobe Analytics Extension Overview | Adobe Experience Platform, I read the below:

Adobe Experience Platform Launch has been rebranded as a suite of data collection technologies in Adobe Experience Platform. Several terminology changes have rolled out across the product documentation as a result. Please refer to the following document for a consolidated reference of the terminology changes.

So, the loop is closed now.

Thanks,

RK.