Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adding assets to collection for sharing purpose

Level 2

Hi,

When I add assets to collection the ACL is not carried forward to assets. Lets say there is a Collection1 & person A has access to it.  For instance when I upload a image asset & add the asset to Collection A, Person A will not be able to view the image asset until I give person A access to image asset. Why is the feature not available?I thought Collection purpose is to share assets but its not the way its working.

Regards

Guru

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I guess, that will not be the possible as this is not the way AEM follows, Collections are just groups which contain references to your assets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

You need to add users to whom you want to share this collection. It wont be automatically shared with all users

Level 2

edubey wrote...

You need to add users to whom you want to share this collection. It wont be automatically shared with all users

We need to share both assets & collection with users. What I am expecting is sharing collection should take care of sharing assets with users.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I guess, that will not be the possible as this is not the way AEM follows, Collections are just groups which contain references to your assets.