Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Adding a html page not part of aem domain

Level 1

Hi Team,
The client wants to integrate a page from outside AEM into their AEM domain,

www.mysamplewebsite.com.

On the landing page of above URL, there's a CTA button that, upon clicking, should direct to a new page within the same domain, specifically www.mysamplewebsite.com/readme-tool-kit.

The client intends to maintain the existing page (readme-tool-kit) without developing AEM components or templates for it. They're asking whether it's feasible to store the package containing the page (readme-tool-kit) on the same cloud instance as AEM, and configure the Dispatcher to serve this page under the specified URL within the same AEM domain (www.mysamplewebsite.com/readme-tool-kit.).

This is for the AEM cloud version.

Thanks
J

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Learning4me : Can you please try  the steps provided in this response : https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-open-html-file-inli...

Here, your html file(s) would be uploaded into DAM and then accessed for the URL/rules you would specify in dispatcher configuration. Also, the configuration changes would have too be done for opening the file in browser instead of downloading it directly.
Please try with these steps and let us know if it works out for you.

thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Learning4me ,

If on click on CTA you do not want to leave the current site, you will need to host the page in AEM, If its a static page with minimal functionalities, you can always create a page in HTML and put all HTMLs, CSS & JS (without creating components) there.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Learning4me : Can you please try  the steps provided in this response : https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-open-html-file-inli...

Here, your html file(s) would be uploaded into DAM and then accessed for the URL/rules you would specify in dispatcher configuration. Also, the configuration changes would have too be done for opening the file in browser instead of downloading it directly.
Please try with these steps and let us know if it works out for you.

thanks.