Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Active Directory Upgrade with AEM on Premise

Level 1

We are using AEM on Premise 6.5.12 and upgrading our Active Directory server level from 2008 to 2016. Are there any known issues or risks associated with this change? Any tasks we need to perform on the AEM side? Or changes to the LDAP? The users are not provisioned through AD, it's just used for authentication.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kdwofford,

In general this change should be transparent from AEM perspective, and I would not expect any changes on AEM level. However there are few areas in my opinion are worth to check, to confirm LDAP configuration on AEM side will not require updates.

• LDAP structure - if this will change during update AD update you may need reflect changes in attributes that are listed in your AEM configuration, e.g user id attribute has changed after AD update, new attribute will need to be set in configuration
  • Connection - make sure host name, port etc has not change, in other case update AEM configuration
  • SSL certificate - assuming your are using secure connection, check if certificate you are using has to be updated, or regenerated after AD upgrade

Last but not least please explore AEM documentation, to get full set of configuration options, and compare it, to options you are currently using. This should give you wider idea what you should verify in your specific implementation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kdwofford,

In general this change should be transparent from AEM perspective, and I would not expect any changes on AEM level. However there are few areas in my opinion are worth to check, to confirm LDAP configuration on AEM side will not require updates.

• LDAP structure - if this will change during update AD update you may need reflect changes in attributes that are listed in your AEM configuration, e.g user id attribute has changed after AD update, new attribute will need to be set in configuration
  • Connection - make sure host name, port etc has not change, in other case update AEM configuration
  • SSL certificate - assuming your are using secure connection, check if certificate you are using has to be updated, or regenerated after AD upgrade

Last but not least please explore AEM documentation, to get full set of configuration options, and compare it, to options you are currently using. This should give you wider idea what you should verify in your specific implementation.