Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

ACS-Commons "Send Templated Email" process: "could not resolve to a valid template" Error

Level 2

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

I'm trying to use ACS-Commons "Send Templated Email" process in my workflow step to send templated emails. And getting below message in the logs:

"Mail template path [ /apps/workflows/templates/email-templates/send-to-approver.txt ] could not resolve to a valid template"

SMTP is enabled and I'm able to send emails from that environment. Can someone help me understand and resolve this.

Regards,

Chitransh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Ritesh_Mittal ,

Thanks. System user didn't have required permission. Issue is resolved now.

Regards,

Chitransh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @chitranshs90502 ,

Are you able to see /apps/workflows/templates/email-templates/send-to-approver.txt through CRXDE?

Also, check if your system user has access to the template path, If you are getting the above error while backend execution.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Ritesh_Mittal ,

Regards,

Chitransh

Level 3

Hi @chitranshs90502 

Can you share your template? I'm getting same error but maybe my template is not good.

Thanks

Level 1

I have the same error. Could you please tell me how to grant permission for system user to access my email template folder.

Community Advisor

Hi @chitranshs90502,

Templates are nt:file nodes in the repository containing a text file. The text file contains the complete email.

Here is the offical documentation: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/e-mail/email-api/index.html#cre...

Kindly note that the files under /apps are project related code and its not advisable be used to save the content which is generic. So, create the same template under /content, to access it, create a system(service) user and give the permissions specific to that path to avoid and future permissions issues.

System user detailshttps://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/administering/security/security-service...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 2

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam 

Regards,

Chitransh