Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACL Packaging

Level 7

Hi all,

I created a user rn.

Made him a member of workflowusers group and offered read access to only two nodes, /apps/emitra and /content/emitra. Wanted to migrate this user with ACLs to a different AEM instance.

Installed acs-aem-commons-content-2.3.0-min.

In the acl packer, specified rn as principle and added /apps/emitra and /content/emitra paths and checked includePrincipals. Using Package Manager, built the package and downloaded. PFA the package. Renamed .zip extension with .txt .

Using Package Manager, uploaded this package and installed in the target AEM instance. User rn was created. But acls and group info did not get copied.

Please suggest ASAP.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks, Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi all,

This issue was resolved and I was able to package ACLs using acs-aem-commons.

The problem was that the Include Paths was getting pre populated with 2 paths by default.

specified rn as principle and removed these two entries.

It packaged all paths for the principle rn nicely.

I could try to help, if anyone gets in to a similar issue.

Thanks,

Rama.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

I followed all instructions in this URL: http://www.hsufengko.com/home/copy-users-groups-permissions-acls-between-adobe-cq-instances

1. Downloaded create_package-4.zip package written by Yogesh Upadhyay.
  2. Manually installed create_package-4.zip package to my source CQ.
  3. Went on access the source CQ: <host>:<port>/apps/tools/components/createPackage/run.html
  4. Tried to Create a package named ACLDump with all nodes of rep:ACL type, selected AC handling behavior of 'overwrite' .
  5. Offered exactly the same parmeters, as described in this URL page.(//element(*,rep:ACL), ACLDump, overwrite)
  6. When I hit "Create Config Package" button, I am getting a Forbidden error (Attached the screen shot)

Please suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 7

Attaching the screen shot.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

you might try the ACL packager from ACS AEM Commons [1].

kind regards,
Jörg

[1] https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/acl-packager.html

Level 7

Hi Jorg and all,

I tried the ACL packager from ACS AEM Commons also without success.

Mine is the simplest use case. Just created a user rn. Made him a member of workflowusers group and offered read access to only two nodes, /apps/emitra and /content/emitra. In the acl packer, specified rn as principle and added /apps/emitra and /content/emitra paths, selected includePrincipals. Using Package Manager, built the package and downloaded. Using Package Manager, uploaded this package and installed in the target AEM instance. User rn was created. But acls and group info did not get copied.

Please suggest ASAP.

Appreciate your help. 

Thanks, Rama.

Level 7

Hi all,

I packaged the rep policies directly, using package manager, by including filters /apps/emitra/rep:policy and /content/emitra/rep:policy.

When installed, somehow these look to have not been carried to the target AEM.

Now I am out of all ideas.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi all,

This issue was resolved and I was able to package ACLs using acs-aem-commons.

The problem was that the Include Paths was getting pre populated with 2 paths by default.

specified rn as principle and removed these two entries.

It packaged all paths for the principle rn nicely.

I could try to help, if anyone gets in to a similar issue.

Thanks,

Rama.