Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

About Unified Shell in AEMaaCS

Employee

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the specification of Unified Shell in AEMaaCS. Actually I got an inquiry from customer, and they were wondering why for some users, the URL of the edit page in author server includes "/ui#/" and "?appId=aemshell", while for some users the URL does not (which bring a little bit inconvenience when they confirm and publish the page in their business flow, because the URL are not consistent).

After I did some investigation by myself, I found that it may caused by the configuration of Unified Shell (*1). So I told customer to have a try to turn off Unified Shell. However they told me that, even after they turn off Unified Shell, some users still can see "/ui#/" included in the URL.

Here are my doubt,

1. Is there any possibility that a URL including "/ui#/" and "?appId=aemshell" is caused by other features instead of Unified Shell?
  2. Is Unified Shell a configuration that have the same value across the whole organization? Or is this configuration independent based on each AEM user?
  3. If Unified Shell is individual to each user, how can the users without administrative privileges turn on their Unified Shell?

Thanks.

*1: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/overview/aem-cloud-...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Yijun250211319mpv 

Following below the observations.

1. Is there any possibility that a URL including "/ui#/" and "?appId=aemshell" is caused by other features instead of Unified Shell?   After disabling unified shell configuration it disappears as per my observation 
  2. Is Unified Shell a configuration that have the same value across the whole organization? Or is this configuration independent based on each AEM user?

Unified shell is not user centric , it is environment specific configuration .

So once you enable for any of your AEM instance it will be applicable for all the users .

Thanks

Himanshu

Himanshu Jain

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Yijun250211319mpv 

Following below the observations.

1. Is there any possibility that a URL including "/ui#/" and "?appId=aemshell" is caused by other features instead of Unified Shell?   After disabling unified shell configuration it disappears as per my observation 

Unified shell is not user centric , it is environment specific configuration .

So once you enable for any of your AEM instance it will be applicable for all the users .

Thanks

Himanshu

Himanshu Jain

Employee Advisor

Hello,

To ensure consistent URLs for all users, you can try the following resolution steps:

1. Check if the "Unified Shell" feature is enabled for all users. If not, enable it for all relevant user roles.
  2. Verify that there are no conflicting customizations or components affecting the URL structure. Disable customizations that may cause inconsistencies.

Employee

Thank you @ManviSharma for the reply. As far as I observed, there is no customizations that may bring any impact. Will check the Unified Shell configuration for each user role once again with customer.