Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

URL Button Issue

Level 5

Hi, I have noticed an issue related to URL buttons when I navigate to a page via a button. They don't launch the in-app browser. However, if I swipe to the next page vs. navigating via a button, they launch fine. If I navigate to a page via a button and move the page (not completing a swipe) they will launch the browser. I am using the Button action (goto next page).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Ok thanks. I'll pass this on to the dev team.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure I follow the problem. Can you post an example of the hyperlink URL you're using? What OS are you on (iOS, Android, Windows)? And you're using the DPS 2015 beta?

Neil

Level 5

Sure Neil. I'm using the DPS 2015 Production UI, not Beta. I'm testing on iPad IOS 8.4. Basically, any URL Button I create that opens the in-app browser; if I swipe to a page that has the URL button and tap it, it'll launch the in-app browser as expected. If I navigate to the same page via a button on the previous page, or from any page for that matter, (as apposed to swiping to it) the URL button doesn't activate the in-app browser.

The URL in question is:

http://slaveryfootprint.org/ipad.html

Jeff

Employee

Hmm, interesting. So tapping on it does nothing?

Neil

Level 5

Not a thing. I have abother button on the page that works fine (goto next page though) and one that I didn't add any actions to that displays the upper chrome (like I was just tapping the screen and is an expected reaction)

Jeff

Correct answer by
Employee

Ok thanks. I'll pass this on to the dev team.

Neil