Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unpublished articles appearing in search results

Level 3

I've got several articles that have been unpublished in AEM mobile that are still showing up in search results. When the user clicks on them they simply state "content not found". Any clues how to purge this out of the system?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi RichinZ,

When you un-publish an article from the AEM Mobile portal it will not show up in the search results once the viewer has been refreshed (pull to refresh or pill).  Can you please re-verify this is the case and that there are no other copies of the article published, if this issue persists please reach out to Adobe Support.

(note: Scott is talking about the AEM integration with AEM Mobile, which is not related to the issue you're hitting here).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

The search works on finding nodes in the JCR. If there node that corresponds to an article is still in the JCR, then a search will pick it up. See How to exclude certain paths of content from being indexed

Level 3

I'd rather not have to fix this every time I unpublish a piece of content. Is there a way to purge JCR? (I don't even know technically if that is possible since I don't understand what JCR is)

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi RichinZ,

When you un-publish an article from the AEM Mobile portal it will not show up in the search results once the viewer has been refreshed (pull to refresh or pill).  Can you please re-verify this is the case and that there are no other copies of the article published, if this issue persists please reach out to Adobe Support.

(note: Scott is talking about the AEM integration with AEM Mobile, which is not related to the issue you're hitting here).

Level 3

Thanks. I'll give them a call.