Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Understanding Mixed Content...

Level 6

So, I understand that Dual Orientation will not be supported in DPS 2015, but there is talk of Mixed Content. Please clarify if my understanding of this is correct.

Lets say, for example, I had a Dual Orientation folio where some articles looked better in landscape format and others looked better in portrait. As I understand it, in DPS 2015, I would simply add one orientation of each of those articles - as well as choose a default orientation for the TLC. The App would display properly in it's default orientation (lets assume it's landscape for viewing on a tablet), and all landscape oriented articles would display properly. However, when I'd happen upon a portrait oriented article, it would display in it's portrait format on the landscape layout, adding white letter-boxing to either side of the article. Then, if I would rotate the tablet, it would display in full screen, portrait mode??? Is this how this will work?

Thanks,

Tommy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

That's how it'll work eventually. Right now the rotation part isn't there, so you'll see the landscape content letterboxed portrait. Once we add rotation you'll be able to rotate the device and it'll show landscape filling the screen.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

That's how it'll work eventually. Right now the rotation part isn't there, so you'll see the landscape content letterboxed portrait. Once we add rotation you'll be able to rotate the device and it'll show landscape filling the screen.

Neil

Employee

It won't show sideways. It'll show letterboxed until you rotate.. once we add rotation.

Neil

Employee

Thanks, Neil. I'll remove my reply.

Level 6

Ok, so Neil, you're confirming that my assumption of how it would work is correct? it'll be letterboxed - rotate to display properly and full screen, right?

I've noticed that iPad content is showing up as letterboxed on the iPhone, but at this point, rotating does nothing. Makes sense since this isn't implemented yet.