Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Targeting apps on an MDM

Level 6

1.) Is there a way to remotely link to an App hosted on an MDM?  In other words, we can link to an app in an app store with a hyperlink. Is there an address or a similar way to link to an app that is hosted on an MDM?

2.) From within an app (article), is there a way to target content within another app (whether local or hosted on an MDM)?

I know we just made great strides in our hyperlinking abilities, but I thought I'd ask.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

1) There's no special logic to link to apps in an enterprise app store, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if it's web reachable from the device.

2) If you're asking about linking to content in a DPS app, there's a "Link Reference" option in project settings, which will eventually be used for linking to an app from outside the app, but it's currently not supported. If you're asking about linking to other apps, this is standard OS functionality and I've successfully deep linked to an HTML article on iOS, testing with foursquare: <a href="foursquare://venues/40a55d80f964a52020f31ee3">deep link</a>.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tommy,

1) There's no special logic to link to apps in an enterprise app store, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if it's web reachable from the device.

2) If you're asking about linking to content in a DPS app, there's a "Link Reference" option in project settings, which will eventually be used for linking to an app from outside the app, but it's currently not supported. If you're asking about linking to other apps, this is standard OS functionality and I've successfully deep linked to an HTML article on iOS, testing with foursquare: <a href="foursquare://venues/40a55d80f964a52020f31ee3">deep link</a>.

Brian