Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Notes, Highlighting and other learning tools ... are these coming by chance (hope)?

Level 3

Notes, Highlighting and other learning tools ... are these coming by chance (hope)?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Currently, these features aren't on the roadmap for this year.

However, in the meantime, you can develop your own annotation functionality by using HTML and local storage.

There is an article which explains the basics, how it works and can help you start developing your own annotation :

A Flexible Note-taking System for use in DPS Folios | Adobe Developer Connection

Note that the article above was designed for DPS classic, it wasn't tested for DPS 2015, but consulting the article itself, you can obtain valuable information that can get you started.

Thanks,

Andrei

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Currently, these features aren't on the roadmap for this year.

However, in the meantime, you can develop your own annotation functionality by using HTML and local storage.

There is an article which explains the basics, how it works and can help you start developing your own annotation :

A Flexible Note-taking System for use in DPS Folios | Adobe Developer Connection

Note that the article above was designed for DPS classic, it wasn't tested for DPS 2015, but consulting the article itself, you can obtain valuable information that can get you started.

Thanks,

Andrei

Level 3

That doesn't seem to work for DPS 2015. I have been using that in DPS 2014 (Classic) works great but doesn't transfer unless I import the folio from classic to 2015 but that always breaks all the links I have set. I hope Adobe does put this on the road map because this was a selling point for us back in 2013 and has yet to become a feature.

Employee

Hi,

The limiting factor in implementing the Notes taking article in DPS 2015 is the absence of an equivalent to get the 'name of the folio/article' (getFolioPath) that is used in the referencing devnet document.

Currently Product Management and Engineering are working to develop the necessary extensibility points to make these kind of extensions possible in the near future.

-Klaasjan