Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

No content included in App

Level 2

Hi,

I started exploring AEM Mobile very recently. I followed tutorials to create Articles/Collections/Layout etc. Now when I create an App (Android) and sign it and install in device, I see no collection in the app. It's completely empty. Although this works fine in AEM Preflight app. I'm not sure if I missed something while App creation. Please help.

Steps I followed:

1. Created A Project

2. Created Articles, Collections

3. Added Articles to Collections

4. Verified the content I created using AEM Preflight app.

5. Created an Android App and submitted.

6. Signed the app using AEM Signing Tool.

7. Install the signed app, see the empty screen and no collections I added to the top level in menu.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just in case your Android App is not Preflight enabled, you will have to publish the content.

If you have also created Layout Templates, please make sure they are all up-to-date and published.

Let us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Just in case your Android App is not Preflight enabled, you will have to publish the content.

If you have also created Layout Templates, please make sure they are all up-to-date and published.

Let us know.

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response. You were right. I had to publish all the content. Now I got it working fine. So when there's huge set of content like Articles and Collections, should I select each one and Publish every time I change them? No powerful button available like that for Preflight?

Employee Advisor

Glad that helped!

I'm afraid there is currently not a select all button for articles or collections and I'm not sure if we intend to provide one in the future, I'll let the product team comment on that.

If you are in testing phase and want to check what the custom viewer does, you may simply want to enable the Preflight option so you can then simply hit the 'Preflight All Content' button, this is easier and much faster.

The Preflight App from the App Store does that already but you don't get the full experience (branding and Direct Entitlement for instance).