Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Multiple, Device based, Grid and Card Layouts per collection?

Level 5

Here's the sample scenario:

A collection (or any umber of them) is referenced in both collections:

- Default tablet

- Default phone

Each default collection has a separate set of Grid and Card Layouts assigned and each looks good in their respective target device class.

But...

Each of those collections that are referenced in both default collections, can only have one Grid and Card Layout assigned to their respective browse pages. I say we should be able to attach two Grid and Card Layouts to those collections. That way we can make sure the browse pages for these collection look the best they can in each device class. Or, better yet: Stock Responsive Layouts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We're working on adding support for this right now. At the moment, all you can do is create two different collections (one for phone and one for tablet) and then apply the two different layouts to each.

Edit: To clarify, I mean we're working on adding the ability to specify a phone layout and tablet layout on a collection at the same time.

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

We're working on adding support for this right now. At the moment, all you can do is create two different collections (one for phone and one for tablet) and then apply the two different layouts to each.

Edit: To clarify, I mean we're working on adding the ability to specify a phone layout and tablet layout on a collection at the same time.

Neil

Level 5

Thanks Neil!

The ability to assign a phone layout and a tablet layout to one collection would be most welcome and will be very very handy indeed.

Level 5

This is great news and it'll be party time when it hits. Thanks all.