Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Layout Templates not showing "Import Collection" when opening

Level 2

When using Layout Templates, I am having an issue where the last collection I had opened automatically appears rather than the selection "Import Collection". So I am unable to select the correct collection I need to view or change. This first happened when I was using Safari. So I logged out and wen to Chrome. The issue didn't happen in Chrome until after a few times of editing a couple collections.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

Even if it opens last collection by default you can still change the collection from the upper left area of the Mapping View.

Nevertheless - I have heard you, we'll look into changing it to the initial behaviour.

Regards,
Andrei

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

I too noticed this and wasn't sure if it was a feature, or a bug.  However, I much preferred when it would NOT open a collection by default. When switching layouts, it still opens the last collection you had open, even if it's associated with a different layout. PLEASE switch it back to the way it was, where you had to "Import Collection" to view. 

Often, I prefer to set up my cards and rules without the collection visible, Makes it much faster to work that way.

Thanks,

Tommy

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,

Even if it opens last collection by default you can still change the collection from the upper left area of the Mapping View.

Nevertheless - I have heard you, we'll look into changing it to the initial behaviour.

Regards,
Andrei

Level 6

I'd like to suggest a feature regarding the Layout Tool: EITHER have it open in a separate tab, OR add a Preflight button within the interface

I understand why you have now defaulted to have it open the last collection upon launch. It becomes tedious, when testing your layout on a device, to constantly switch back and forth from the Content area of the tool, to the Layout Template, and having to reload your collection each time you push an preflight update to your device. 

When I'm ready to be viewing (especially with embedded fonts) on a device, I typically work w/ 2 browser tabs open: one for Content, one for Layout Template. That way, I can save content within the Layout Template, quickly switch to the next tab, and Preflight the content.

Seems like it would make much more sense to simply add a Preflight button within the Layout Template screen.

Thanks for listening! 

Tommy

Employee

Preflight button is in the works, coming soon.

Level 2

I didn't see that button until yesterday, a few days after I posted that. It's not in an obvious spot, It would be more helpful if it was also on the Design page an not just Mapping. I don't mind it opening the last collection but it needs to be clearer on how to change it.