Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to set flags within a DPS app (or folio)?

Level 6

This is probably more of a classic DPS question, but being that this is the current version, I figured I'd ask here...

Does anyone know of any way to set a flag within an app to set a preference, or turn something on, or flag something as viewed, so the next time the app, or folio launches, it remembers it?  Also, I guess I should add, if so, can it be done without entitlements?  (I'm open to solutions utilizing HTML or InDesign)

Thanks,

Tommy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The way that’s typically handled is to do that content in HTML, and to remember your state using HTML local storage. Then when the HTML is loaded you check the local state and update your content behavior accordingly.

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

Neil

Level 6

There are a number of things I'm considering...

1. to play through an intro movie on first launch, and have the ability to disable that action next time (could have click to skip, but would like to have something cleaner)

2. This app will have a series of Maps, however, users are going to want to focus on a single preferred map. By default Map A will be displayed, but would like to be able to remember if the user is at location B or C...  (would really like to explore GeoLocating to determine which map to display!!!  Then, we could even include a You Are Here icon - but that may be beyond our current capability).

Those are the first two things I'd like to be able to flag. I'll let you know as other options arise.

Correct answer by
Employee

The way that’s typically handled is to do that content in HTML, and to remember your state using HTML local storage. Then when the HTML is loaded you check the local state and update your content behavior accordingly.

Neil