Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How "Barneys Newyork" DPS 2015 app is working ?

Level 2

Hi all,

I just downloaded Barneys Newyork application made with DPS Solution and wonder how Segal Savad (the studio that made the app) attend to build the intro effect of that application ?

The Window from Barneys New York on the App Store

Basically the launch of the app comes directly into a two-articles folio (animation/navigation instruction) instead of going directly to the top collection.

This behaviour is nice and gives some pretty good ideas here

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The two articles you see are likely the two articles in the top-level collection. There's no way to make a DPS 2015 app do anything other than open the top-level collection on launch, so it's likely the intro stuff you're seeing is simply an article that's the first item in the TLC.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The two articles you see are likely the two articles in the top-level collection. There's no way to make a DPS 2015 app do anything other than open the top-level collection on launch, so it's likely the intro stuff you're seeing is simply an article that's the first item in the TLC.

Neil

Level 2

Thanks Neil,

I was not aware that we were able to do that

Employee

It's also possible that they're using in-app messaging with Adobe Analytics to do a first-launch in-app message using HTML. To do that requires purchasing Adobe Analytics to use with DPS.

Neil

Level 2

Hmm, no I think you're right at first sight as I get it even after multiple launches... (but well done commercially speaking )

Level 2

Hi there!

Yes Neil we used an article in order to create the animation and how to instructions. This is the "Home" that appears in the navigation

The in-app messaging with Adobe Analytics is a great idea for the future though!