Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hide ads from browse page

Level 3

What can I do to prevent all ads from showing in the browse page?

I have tried to eliminate ads from all card mappings, choosing Advertisement type = Non-ads in all card mapping rules. Problem is the keep showing up using the default card.

Is it possible to hide ads?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Espen,

You have to set "hide from browse page" on the article itself. Card mapping rules only define what cards are applied to content, they do not control visibility or ordering of content.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Espen,

You have to set "hide from browse page" on the article itself. Card mapping rules only define what cards are applied to content, they do not control visibility or ordering of content.

Neil

Employee

The easiest thing to do is to remove them from the collection. If you want to have ads in a collection to appear while users swipe through articles but don't want the ads to appear in the browse page, try this:

1. Create a card called "Ad Card." Make that card wider than the layout you're using. If you have a 6-column layout, make the card 7 columns.

2. In the layout, create a card mapping rule called "Ad Card Rule" with Content Type set to Articles and Advertisement Type set to Ads.

Your ads won't appear in the browse page because they're assigned to cards that are wider than the layout.

[UPDATE] - I forgot about the "Hide from Browse Page" option. Much easier!

Employee

Neil is right. Ignore my workaround.

Level 3

Thx - feel like the village idiot right now!