Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Generating and submitting a zip file

Level 3

How do we generate a zip file to submit it to the App Store?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You can download the unsigned-app from the DPS Portal and use the DPS App Signing utility to generate your distribution zip.

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/how-to/create-ios-app.html

-Klaasjan

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You can download the unsigned-app from the DPS Portal and use the DPS App Signing utility to generate your distribution zip.

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/how-to/create-ios-app.html

-Klaasjan

Level 3

Klaasjan, we downloaded our unsigned-app and we used the Adobe Publishing signing tool to sign with distribution certificates, but it just generates a .ipa, not a zip for distribution. What should we do to generate the zip?

Employee

You don't need to, you can just upload the .ipa file.

Neil

Level 3

Neil, we are facing an error when we try to submit. Do you know what's going on?

error.png

Employee

You need to sign the viewer using the DPS Signing tool before uploading it.

Neil

Level 3

We did this. Actually it's basically the same that we do with android apps, right? I'm putting step by step. Here what we did:

1. we did the build
  2. we downloaded a unsigned build
  3. we've signed
  4. once we try to upload to app store this error appears

Employee

Are you sure the certificate you used to sign the file was the one from Apple, and was the distribution certificate? Given the error message ("not signed using an Apple submission certificate") that sounds suspiciously that the certificate you used isn't correct, or wasn't the right one.

Neil

Level 3

Neil, what's the difference between version of marketing and version? The marketing version that we put when we are building is the same that we need to use on itunes?

We need to upload it today. We reviewed our certificates, and apparently they are correct. What's the meaning of bundle path 'Payload/Jupiter.app'?

Employee

Information about the version field is available at Digital Publishing Solution Help | Change the app version number. This topic is available via the "learn more" link directly next to the version field in App Builder.

You should call enterprise support for assistance with your signing issue, especially since it's time critical.

Neil

Level 3

Another thing, we are building this app to upgrade an old DPS app. But the old one don't have in-app purchase, and for this one, by default we need to configure ID for collections – even if they are free. This could be impacting?

Level 3

Neil, now we tried to upload via DPS App Builder and it worked. So, we assumed that's the problem is not related with the certificate. 

Employee

What do you mean by "upload via DPS App Builder"? App Builder doesn't support uploading.

Neil

Level 3

Neil, when we use the same certificates to sign the distribution package of an app built in the old version of DPS it works well with the application loader. Using these same certificates on the Adobe DPS app signing tool to sign an app built in DPS 2015, it doesn't work well. Screenshots below:

Captura de Tela 2015-08-22 às 12.55.44.pngCaptura de Tela 2015-08-22 às 12.56.41.png

Captura de Tela 2015-08-22 às 12.57.09.png

Employee Advisor

Just FYI, I'm following up with this customer offline but I want to mention I did run a test of my own with my account and I'm not getting any error, just the same warning.

The DPS 2015 Distribution binary has uploaded.

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 09.58.26.png