Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Entitlement problem with Desktop Web Viewer

Level 4

I'm working with a customer where we have implemented a simple entitlement server using the sample source code available here: Set up an entitlement service for AEM Mobile apps

The signin process and restricted distribution is working great on our iOS and Android apps, but not on the Desktop Web Viewer app. When trying to sign in to the Web Viewer app, we get a message that says "The username or password you entered is incorrect". I've double checked that the entitlement server is working by using PostMan. It all checks out.

Again, entitlement works great on the iOS and Android apps, but not the Desktop Web Viewer. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

OK, I found the answer...here it is. Maybe this will help someone else out. The "Bundle ID" field in Project Settings > Access > Entitlement & Authentication apparently has be be filled in with the app ID. The text by this field is misleading. It says that if you don't include the bundle ID here, the ID from the app settings will be used. True, but there is no way in the Desktop Web App settings to specify a bundle ID, so it is required here for the desktop web app to work with entitlement.

Screenshot 2016-11-21 13.00.15.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

OK, I found the answer...here it is. Maybe this will help someone else out. The "Bundle ID" field in Project Settings > Access > Entitlement & Authentication apparently has be be filled in with the app ID. The text by this field is misleading. It says that if you don't include the bundle ID here, the ID from the app settings will be used. True, but there is no way in the Desktop Web App settings to specify a bundle ID, so it is required here for the desktop web app to work with entitlement.

Screenshot 2016-11-21 13.00.15.png

Employee

Thanks for the heads up, Keith. I updated the description in the help article. I'll submit a request to edit the UI option description as well.