Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

banner that points to an article

Level 2

Is there a way to make a banner use the navto feature so it would link to an article inside the DPS? Currently it just lets me do the http to an external link.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

This isn't going to work if you stick to the base concepts of DPS 2015 -- While an article can be used in one or more collections, an article can only be used once in a particular collection.

Now, if you created a second piece of content (the article) you could then use it twice (sort of) in the collection.

And the two articles (copies) could have different card images (and metadata) and call different cards... so there is a method.

Just don't get confused... ;-)

I now better understand why you were trying to do this with a banner, but that won't "link" to an article.

HTH -- Colin

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Banners can only support linking to a URL or they do nothing. That's a banner for you.

But it sounds like you want a great big image that represents an article, and when you click on it, it opens the article.  <-- That's what an article does.

Control the appearance of that article card through card mapping and a card design.

Build a card that's big, maybe it doesn't show any metadata labels. I think that will do what you describe. If you add the metadata for the Title, your readers will understand a bit more than just the card image...

HTH

Level 2

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your quick response. I have attached an image to see if I could get your thoughts on how this might work.

Numbers 2-6 all link to there appropriate articles right now and are set up as cards. The client wants to make number 1 also link to the same article as number 2, but they want number one to have a different image then the background that is behind number 2. Currently I can only set one image as the image for the article.

Any thoughts on how I could make that work?

toc.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 6

This isn't going to work if you stick to the base concepts of DPS 2015 -- While an article can be used in one or more collections, an article can only be used once in a particular collection.

Now, if you created a second piece of content (the article) you could then use it twice (sort of) in the collection.

And the two articles (copies) could have different card images (and metadata) and call different cards... so there is a method.

Just don't get confused... ;-)

I now better understand why you were trying to do this with a banner, but that won't "link" to an article.

HTH -- Colin