Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Article page thumbnail view

Level 3

I have rather large articles with many pages.  How do I make it so when a user touches the article while viewing to bring up options it also brings up the small page thumbs along the bottom to scroll through and select/navigate? This was a feature in DPS when using folios but the page thumbs aren't showing along the bottom in AEM articles. Is there a step I'm missing to make those appear in the viewer app?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hey Bill;

I think you're describing some of the navigation features we had in the original DPS. The scrolling navigation through articles in a folio isn't part of the newer product. I suspect it comes down to a folio had information about all the articles that were in it, whereas a collection is a more flexible container and doesn't carry the information that would support scrolling with thumbnails of each article.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hey Bill;

I think you're describing some of the navigation features we had in the original DPS. The scrolling navigation through articles in a folio isn't part of the newer product. I suspect it comes down to a folio had information about all the articles that were in it, whereas a collection is a more flexible container and doesn't carry the information that would support scrolling with thumbnails of each article.

HTH

Level 3

Thanks for the answer, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and one of my colleagues was asking me to incorporate that feature as it was a popular tool to scroll through large articles. We are basically using it as a presentation tool across multiple collections.  Then each collection has multiple articles within it created from InDesign; however, the articles are multi-page with horizontal scroll enabled.  It would be nice to have something, even just a scrubber tool on the bottom to scroll through the pages within each article quickly.  Any idea if an update with a feature like that would be possible?