Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

App Updating

Level 3

Hello,

We`ve been doing several updates on our collections on an app. Is there a way for the updates to be automatic so the user wouldn`t have the need to accept it everytime he access the app?

Regarding these updates on the Android, is it possible to generate a single update requisition for the user? The iOS has a single action for a group of updates whereas with the Android version the user needs to accept every single update.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If the viewer has a pending update (i.e. the "update available" indicator is showing) and the reader re-enters the collection we will automatically apply the update. Otherwise the reader has to tap the update available indicator. We designed it this way to ensure your readers don't lose context for where they are when an update is applied to a collection they are actively viewing.

Android and iOS should have the same update model. If you are seeing different behavior between the two viewers please share exact steps to reproduce the behavior so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Neil

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If the viewer has a pending update (i.e. the "update available" indicator is showing) and the reader re-enters the collection we will automatically apply the update. Otherwise the reader has to tap the update available indicator. We designed it this way to ensure your readers don't lose context for where they are when an update is applied to a collection they are actively viewing.

Android and iOS should have the same update model. If you are seeing different behavior between the two viewers please share exact steps to reproduce the behavior so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Neil