Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Animated/video content within cards

Level 2

Hi,

Are there any plans to introduce cards that can contain video or animated content within a layout?

The Audi Library app, which I believe was made with DPSolution, uses this very well - but unless I'm being daft I can't see a way to divert from those fixed templates of card design.

We use Edge Animate quite a lot to illustrate our online material, it would be fantastic if we could look to redeploy that content (alongside video, perhaps) in our Card layouts as well as the .article files themselves...

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We do have lots of ideas on how to boost the interactivity of cards, such as videos or perhaps HTML. It's on our list of things to do!

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

We do have lots of ideas on how to boost the interactivity of cards, such as videos or perhaps HTML. It's on our list of things to do!

Neil

Employee

Eh, live tiles aren’t live enough. They just flip over and show static text. yawn.

Neil

Level 2

Thanks - good to hear. I think everyone here is going to love the new system and the demo apps I have put together have gone down very well with the management team. My design team have got a bit twitchy about what they see as a slightly restrictive set of options for card design, though. It's about the only objection anyone has had so far, mind you!

What we did get quite good at in the old version of DPS was combining other Adobe software like Edge with our workflows. Obviously we can still do that within individual articles but I think it would be fantastic to have the cards opened up to the same possibilities - can't believe I am alone in thinking that, either...

Thanks again for the great software and excellent support.

S