Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe Digital; Solution: How come we can add share icons at the article level?

Level 1

I need to add icons like share article or see the thumbnail of my article on the top bar, please let me know how to do it, I checked all my check marks on the platform but when I preview it it doesnt show anything...

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Social Sharing works only on an article level, not on a collection level.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

not sure what you mean by 'see the thumbnail of my article on the top bar'

Can you elaborate on this?

Other than that, any article can have the following but again I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for:

Social Media Image will be used when sharing an article via email or a social media network. If no social media image is uploaded the article image will be used.

Level 4

I think the question is how can we share a collection or layout page full of cards? not just the article. Perhaps if you share at the collection or layout level it would share a link to download the app???

Correct answer by
Employee

Social Sharing works only on an article level, not on a collection level.

Level 2

I have a question about social sharing as well. How do we know if it works ... I can't see icons in the AEM app - per article and our department would like to see if sharing "works."

I have social sharing enabled, and I have links in the social sharing option URL areas, but how do I access these icons on the iPad?

Jill

Employee

If you enable social sharing in your project and build a non-preflight app, you should see a share icon in the upper right nav bar of each article. (Social sharing doesn't work in preflight apps.)