Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Ability to delete project

Former Community Member

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The ability to hide/archive a project is something on our roadmap but isn't currently available. In the mean time you can edit the list of authorized users on the project to remove your account and that will at least get it out of your project dropdown list.

Neil

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The ability to hide/archive a project is something on our roadmap but isn't currently available. In the mean time you can edit the list of authorized users on the project to remove your account and that will at least get it out of your project dropdown list.

Neil

Level 4

Is this still the case? No option to delete a project?

Thanks

Haeme Ulrich

Level 1

If it is still the case, the edit option could be a little bit wider. I need to change 1-top level into 2-top level. But such action is not allowed.

Employee

Currently, you cannot delete or remove projects. The ability to hide projects ("archive") is on the roadmap. This will enable you to remove projects from view that may be duplicates, used for testing or no longer active.

Level 6

You still cannot change a project from one top-level to two top-level or the other way.

If you built a project with the wrong number of top-levels, you must create a new project.

You cannot currently delete the project that was built incorrectly.

And there is no method to copy content, collections, cards, or layouts from one project to another.

Level 5

I would put in a feature request for the following:

• Delete Projects - from a high level permission only - with a double pop-up warning

• Copy content, collections, cards, or layouts from one project to another.

Seems pretty clear to me these solutions are high on a few people's lists!

Level 3

Oh yes, they are!

Sounds a bit crazy, don't you think?

Employee

If what you are trying to do is remove the project from the drop down menu or from other parts of the dashboard, you can achieve almost the same thing by simply removing the users from that project. Those users will no longer see the project anywhere in the UI. The only caveat is that the admin can not remove themselves from the project.

Level 1

That is an incredibly basic function.  How are users supposed to address memory issues? 

Employee

The ability to delete projects should be available soon.

What do you mean when you ask how users are supposed to address memory issues?

Employee

To be clear, the ability to delete projects won't be available in the next few weeks. It will likely be available in a few months.

Employee

Hi All, we have been working on the capability to hide projects from view in the On Demand Portal.

Hide Projects is targeted for release next week (release planned for Sept 7th)