Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Send With Document failing with flattened PDF

Level 3

We have an adaptive form that accepts attachments. On a recent failure to send the flattened .pdf with the Send With Document activity, the attachments were about 2.5 MB a piece upon submission. After assembling the .pdf, the attachments grew to ~15 MB a piece. The error message we receive is: 08:05:23,531 WARN [com.adobe.image2pdf.bmc.Image2PDFConverterInternal] (RequestProcessor-35) ALC-PDG-001-000-Jpeg specific converter failed JFIF APP0 must be first marker after SOI. 

It is puzzling to me that the assemble .PDF works just fine with this form and its attachments. It just fails to send the email. When I open the image in Notepad, there is no JFIF but instead Exif but then I opened a personal image in Notepad and it also had Exif and sent through the process without error. 

This is happening in production and often.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

it is a warning but still needs to be investigated. Suggest you log a ticket with support

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

it is a warning but still needs to be investigated. Suggest you log a ticket with support

Level 3
I had an open support issue but they weren't able to help me and said the attachments must have been corrupt.

Level 3
It is happening 1/2 the time from a frequent submitter. How can I determine if it is something about his particular .jpeg files?

Employee Advisor
so you are converting jpg to PDF and then assembling? can you send us the jpeg?

Level 3
Yes, I can send you the two .jpeg files. What is the mechanism for doing that in this forum?

Level 9
Send it using document cloud and post the link here

Employee Advisor

I was able to convert the jpg and assemble it with other pdfs.

I have written a small sample for you to try the conversion. The sample is available here. Please make sure you select the JPG to PDF operation and upload your jpg file.

Once you get the PDF, you can try to assemble it by selecting the Assemble PDF files operation in the same page. Make sure you upload the DDX file and the pdf's that you want to assemble.

If you run into issues, please let us know

Level 3
The problem is not in assembling the .pdf but in sending the assembled pdf in email

Level 9
Can you send us the screen shot of your workflow and the send email component properties

Employee Advisor
can you send us the pdf which is having problems with send email

Level 3
i've noticed that the submitted attachments grow by 6 times when converted to .pdf, might that be a problem?

Employee Advisor

does the send email fail with every attachment?

Level 3
No, it does not happen with every attachment. It does happen 1/2 the time with one particular submitter.

Employee Advisor
i downloaded your form and it is about 30 MB for a 2 page form. Can we do a webex session to see the error ? I am in PST time zone

Level 3
See, that's the mystery, the two attachments grow from 5 to 30 mb when creating the .pdf. I am available this morning for a connect session.

Employee Advisor

Hi

Can you use Acrobat to do the conversion of the image to PDF. You will need to set the settings as specified in this screenshot. Engineering has confirmed this to work. Let us know if this works. 

ImgToPdf.PNG