What is the best method or practise for adding an AEM 6.2 Form to an AEM 6.2 Eclipse project ?
Is it possible to “transfer” an AEM Form from a Server into Eclipse ?
For example, I have created a simple “Hello Form” using the Server’s AEM Forms interface (http://localhost:4502/aem/forms).
This creates the following paths on in the content repository :-
If I create a package, add these two paths in the Edit Package Filters tab, build the package, and download the package, then I have the following files :-
./jcr_root/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/dam/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.48.48.png ./jcr_root/content/forms/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/.content.xml ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/.content.xml ./META-INF/vault/config.xml ./META-INF/vault/definition/.content.xml ./META-INF/vault/filter.xml ./META-INF/vault/nodetypes.cnd ./META-INF/vault/properties.xml
However, the following is EXCLUDED from the package :-
./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/layout ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/rootPanel/layout ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/rootPanel/items/guidetextdraw ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/smallScreen ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/phone ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/tablet
What is the best method or practise for adding an AEM Form to an AEM Eclipse project ?
I have managed to resolve this. I think. In case anyone is interested, here is a rough guide :-
1. Install AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse (https://eclipse.adobe.com/aem/dev-tools)
2. In Eclipse, open AEM Perspective
3. In Servers tab, add an Adobe Experience Manager Server, and check that port is correct (e.g. 4502)
4. Right-click Server and select "Start"
5. In Project Explorer, right-click ui.content project and goto AEM --> Import from Server
6. Click "Select location" and find the AEM Forms location(s) that you want to transfer from Server to Eclipse, for example:-
7. Click OK and click Finish. Form should appear in Eclipse.