Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Selecting specific renditions on download

Level 3

I’d love to see end users be able to choose how they want their assets rendered out on download. For example, I’d like to just keep a high res psd file of our images in the DAM but when someone goes to download it they can choose to have it rendered out as a jpg, png, etc and we could also specify the dpi as well. I know there are currently renditions in there but I haven’t been able to find a way to only select the rendition(s) I want vs. downloading all of them.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dmescia2
as in all my answers i have to start with a question... a bit more questions in this case.
End user = AEM Assets User? Or are we talking Brand Portal / Asset Share Commons?
What do you use for your renditons: Processing Profiles; Image Profiles; Image Presets?
Second, i have not found my dream setting for this and hope somebody else will come in here and tell you.

OOTB - The Dynamic option seems to be as close as it gets to what you are looking for...
Here the user is able to make his own settings, and depending on your End User, they could also use the "Image Modifier" feature to change the background color etc. I say depending on the End User - my End User can not be convinced to study the options.

Here - with the checkbox Dynamic, you allow the User eather pick a preset or select whatever suits his needs.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1697008994343.png
But to be honest, I jumped in here because i think that this selection is not optimal but i had no chance to implement a better solution or even look for one. IMHO this dialog needs to have the option to open up a sub-selection to get what you are really want.
It should be possible to take certain system-presets (thumbnails etc.) out of this sub-selection. Nobody wants to download them.

Currently it is like that OOTB:
User: I want one Smart Crop please
AEM: HAVE THEM ALL!
User: Wow, there are a lot of them.. can i just have thi...
AEM: I SAID - HAVE THEM ALL !!!
User: ...ok. Then i would like to download two dynamic presets.
AEM: Dynamic Renditions work differently. You can't have multiple presets. Only one at a time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dmescia2
as in all my answers i have to start with a question... a bit more questions in this case.
End user = AEM Assets User? Or are we talking Brand Portal / Asset Share Commons?
What do you use for your renditons: Processing Profiles; Image Profiles; Image Presets?
Second, i have not found my dream setting for this and hope somebody else will come in here and tell you.

OOTB - The Dynamic option seems to be as close as it gets to what you are looking for...
Here the user is able to make his own settings, and depending on your End User, they could also use the "Image Modifier" feature to change the background color etc. I say depending on the End User - my End User can not be convinced to study the options.

Here - with the checkbox Dynamic, you allow the User eather pick a preset or select whatever suits his needs.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1697008994343.png
But to be honest, I jumped in here because i think that this selection is not optimal but i had no chance to implement a better solution or even look for one. IMHO this dialog needs to have the option to open up a sub-selection to get what you are really want.
It should be possible to take certain system-presets (thumbnails etc.) out of this sub-selection. Nobody wants to download them.

Currently it is like that OOTB:
User: I want one Smart Crop please
AEM: HAVE THEM ALL!
User: Wow, there are a lot of them.. can i just have thi...
AEM: I SAID - HAVE THEM ALL !!!
User: ...ok. Then i would like to download two dynamic presets.
AEM: Dynamic Renditions work differently. You can't have multiple presets. Only one at a time.

Community Advisor

Since my "correct reply" is not very satisfying - i created a ticket in the idea section.
Feel free to follow there for a response - or add your ideas there.
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-ideas/optimizing-the-downl...