Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Scene7 metadata not updating after SP9 installation

Level 2

Hi,

we installed SP9 on our dev servers. Since then we were not able to update the assets to dynamic media. After troubleshooting we found that assets are getting uploaded to scene7 but their metadata is still showing as uploadStarted instead of completed. Also no other properties e.g. scene7 asset url, company id etc. are getting updated to these asset’s metadata node. This was working fine earlier without Service Pack 9 Installation. Currently also, it is working fine on those servers where we have not installed SP9.

any help in this would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Piyush,
Welcome to Adobe Community !!

This issue was reported with AEM 6.5.2

Do you see this same issue when you upload any asset from "admin" user on our Dev Server?

Note : As a workaround IPSJournal component (from components tab in felix console(/system/console/components)) can be restarted to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2

Thanks Vikarm for quick reply!

Yes, We are trying to upload assets using "admin" user only. I did try your solution, could not find the IPSJournal component but found the IPSJobJournal component. which I did a restart on.

ips-job-jounal-screenshot.PNG

But it did not solve the issue. Not sure, if I'm missing something. Below is one screenshot, where couple of scene7 properties are updated (not with the right status though). Ideally there should have been multiple scene7 properties gets updated on such assets after successful publishing on S7. 

P.S. Assets are successfully published in Scene7. It's only the metadata which is not getting synced back. asset-s7-metadata.PNG

Employee Advisor

Hi,

What happens, when you pick that same asset and click on Create -> Workflow -> Dam Update Asset?

Do you notice anything specific on error.log

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 3

Please reset the user password and then reconfigure DM, then retry. The User password shows as 0 days left for a password reset.  The system will continue to push assets to DM but will not update the metadata. 

Level 3

Hi @kerr ,

We faced the similar password issue. we reached out to help desk. They removed user from "User Administration " and then added us back. Post that we received email notification for resetting our password. 

After resetting the password and logged in back with the new password, everything works fine for us.

Cheers